I did it! I’m joining about a million other bloggers today and I couldn’t be more excited or terrified with this decision. I started this blog after being convinced from so many family members and friends who saw my passion for baking and cooking. (It took me a bit to get on board) It’s also a creative outlet for me that I’m super excited about! So many of my recipes are just a list of ingredients, which makes it difficult for people when they ask for a recipe, so I will be rewriting them so you can follow along and get cooking with me. I still have much to learn in regards to photography, food styling and writing but knew that if I didn’t just start this, I would never be ready.
How we connect with people is what really matters. To get to know me better, here are 20 little known facts about me:
- Growing up, I always knew that I wanted to get married and have a family. They are my heros and I continually learn from them everyday and still get giddy whenever we are all together.
- I’m a night owl…Those creative ideas pop into my head around 8:00 pm and I’m ready to roll which makes my morning husband crazy.
- If someone says that I can’t do something, it pushes me pretty hard to show them how I can make it happen.
- I truly cherish life and look for ways to celebrate just about anything.
- I love a good belly laugh and believe that laughter is the best medicine!
- I’ve been known to wait quietly for someone to show up, just to scare them – love a good practical joke. (See #5)
- I’m super curious about a lot of things and ask a lot of questions. I figure I’ll never know if I don’t ask.
- I enjoy shopping for groceries (and shoes and clothes and office supplies-you get the picture) but think it’s the most fun to browse stores in different parts of the country or world.
- I was a vegetarian for 30 years, and started eating some meat about 10 years ago but I’m still not a big fan of it.
- You’ll usually see me drinking Bai or LaCroix, but my favorite drink is Dr. Pepper.
- My favorite color is pink.
- I’m known for my Angel Food cakes and have made well over 200.
- My husband and I have date night every Wednesday.
- I used to work in the Betty Crocker Kitchens.
- One of my favorite places to visit is Lake Superior’s North Shore. Any excuse is a good excuse to get up there.
- I was voted Girl’s Club President in high school and secretly wanted ‘Most Friendly’.
- I’m the girl to help out with my family and friend’s parties by cooking or baking something for them that they not only like, but will be something special to remember.
- I’m a country girl who loves the action of the big city.
- When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I thought I’d surprise my family by baking some chocolate chip cookies. I used some recycled Crisco that we had fried smelt in. They were the fishiest cookies I ever made.
- I get my energy from being around people.
There are no promises as to how much I will post on here, but will do my best to get some fun and yummy things here for you.
I hope you will come back often to see the changes in the growth of this blog. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.